1920's - A booming economy driven by oil findings create opportunities for new businesses
1930's - A golf course pops up southwest of Mount Pleasant named "Cedar Springs", operated by Ray Moss and his sons.
1940's The course expands by adding a second nine holes and a clubhouse. The additions were created using horses and manual labor.The clubhouse brought in dancing and weddings, along with other formal ocasions. The piano played then is still around today!
1960 - The Moss family sold the golf course to the Figg brothers of Shepherd in the spring of 1960. Brother Bob opted to remain with his farming interest in Shepherd, leaving brothers Dick and Bill in charge of the golf course.
1961 - Dick Figg and his family, including his wife Betty and four children — Marty, Terri, Doug and Cindy have continued to run the golf course ever since. The course was known as Figg’s Golf Course in 1960 but was renamed Riverwood Golf Club in 1962. Many changes have taken place in the last 60 years:
- An additional nine holes were added in 1967, making 27 holes.
- A new clubhouse and 24-lane bowling center were constructed in 1972; holes No. 3, 4 and 5 on the White course as well as a new driving range were added in the same year.
- In 1985 a gourmet kitchen was built.
- In 1989 a housing unit was constructed for guests to stay and play on site.
- A new entrance with a fountain and landscaping were completed in 1991.
- During 1993, a 100-unit cart barn and new 3,200 square foot Pro Shop were constructed. Remodeling of the old cart barn space created a new 200-person meeting/banquet room and an 80-person “Gimmies Bar & Grille.”
- Holes No. 7, 8 and 9 on the White course were remodeled and ready for play in 1996.
- Extensive cart path work on all three nines was done in 1998.
- Reconstruction of holes three and four (White course) in 2002.
- In 2012, 989 Bar and Grill was born. Creating a local and community based dining experience.
- Spring 2020, The Pines at Lake Isabella was purchased to add 18 more holes on a seperate site.